Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Cut Shoppe: Happy Birthday

Hello! Today I want to share a new layout featuring two new cut files from The Cut Shoppe! One of my favorite subjects to document are the birthdays of my children and I did just that using both the Snap To It and Party On cut files:

The Snap to It cut file set includes 6 camera themed icons, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

The Party On cut file set, includes 8 birthday themed icons, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

My son turned 15 in December (I am not really quite sure how that is even possible???) and I wanted to use both a camera and the "happy birthday" and I chose to cut both out of the same piece of black patterned paper. Here is how my layout turned out:



Most of the time, I either cut my shapes and phrases out of white cardstock or patterned paper. When choosing patterned paper I have to make sure the pattern doesn't distort what I am cutting. I had intially chosen a more "solid" camera and the result was a camera that really didn't look like a camera! My solution, since I was super set on this piece of patterned paper, was to choose a camera that had thinner lines that way I saw less of the pattern and more of the outline of the camera. Here is a closeup of the camera which I adhered with pop dots to make it's outline even more pronounce:




Looking forward to seeing how you use these cut files on your own pages!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love how you used that vertical piece with the colorful stripes to anchor the page and all the embellishments you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those numbers! Anyway, your layout is awesome. I love all the layering and little bits you have going on. That vertical column on the right sets this so nice. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete