Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Elle's Studio: Joy

Hi! Something pretty new to Elle's Studio is the offering of a monthly exclusive "Mini-Course" designed to help you use the montly kits. Since the Mini-Courses began, I have been pretty impressed with the lineup of instructors ( and the $4.99 price!) and when I was given the opportunity to create a project based off of the most recent Mini-Course, I jumped at the chance!

Being November, I worked with the November Exclusive Mini-Course taught by Emily Spahn, Jennifer Ingle, and Barbara Picinich:


Exclusive Kit Mini Course - November 2015  

Working with the November Kit and keeping the ideas from the course in mind, this is what I created:

Joy

After reading through the course PDF and taking notes, I went to work on the layout and it pretty much flew together. One of the great things about classes is that it narrows my focus. I didn't choose to create some crazy, new-to-me page design. Instead, I went with a design that was comfortable to me so that I could focus more on the techniques from the class that I wanted to play around with. Here are some closeups:

Joy2

Joy3

I consider myself a "learner." I am a big fan of scrapbooking classes for a number of reasons: First, they offer up new inspiration; Second, they help me work on specific skills; and third, they motiviate me to scrap more. This Mini-Course from Elle's Studio certainly did all three for me!  

To read a little bit more about my thought process and how I applied the course to this layout, you can see my post here on the Elle's Studio Blog.

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment