Thursday, October 1, 2015

Gossamer Blue: October Reveal

Good morning! Today is reveal day for the newest scrapbooking kits at Gossamer Blue and I want to share my first two projects with you!

This month the October Kits are super versatile and I was able to scrap a range of photos. First up is Apple Season--my first official "fall" layout of the season-yay! I used a combination of both the Main Scrapbooking and Main Life Pages Kit:

Apple Season

I was so excited to receive the cork Thickers and bows from Dear Lizzy's newest collection Documentary and was happy to find a place for them on this layout. Another fave are the magenta alphas from Simple Stories because I think they are such a cool and totally underrepresented color in scrappy supplies. I am already wishing I had more of them.

Apple Season 2 

Up next is Lucky Us, a layout I made using Add On Kit #2 that features a great mix of We R Family from Simple Stories, Pink Paislee's Cedar Lane, and some more Dear Lizzy.

Lucky Us

I went with a simple grid design because I wanted to highlight the journaling cards I cut from a piece of the Cedar Lane paper that is in this kit. I loved the little saying "everyday is a blessing" and the mix of little acorns and leaves was just too perfect. The chipboard pieces from Simple Stories were a great choice for embellishments!

Lucky Us 2

Well what do you think?? I don't know about you, but I think fall kits are my fave. Certainly I am always excited to see what every new season brings to scrapbooking, but the colors and the motifs in fall are always just so beautiful. Also the whole vibe of gratitude and counting your blessings that comes with the fall months makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, not to mention the hot drinks, falling leaves, and sweaters! Now if I could just channel these fall feelings into the middle of winter when I am cranky and cold ;).

Will be back soon to share more projects!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment