Saturday, August 22, 2015

Celebrate

Happy Saturday everyone! I don't know about you but I have been so looking forward to the weekend! Two of my kiddos started school a week and a half ago and I have been slow to adjust to my new schedule. This past summer I gave myself permission to take the break easy-no real schedule, hanging out at home, being mellow.....and I have certainly been paying for it! And to be perfectly honest, the only reason I am able to sit down and write this post is the fact that my daughter is home sick. Having already taken my (grumpy) 9th grader to school, I am pretty much on chill status this morning and finally have some time to share a new layout! Yay!

Despite having a Silhouette Portrait, I still regularly use my manual diecut machine--sometimes when I want a simple shape it's is just so much easier and less time consuming to pull it out and cut my shapes. This is especially true anytime I want some circles, like I did for this next layout:

Celebrate

I went into this layout knowing that I wanted to do some sort of a grid using a mix of patterned papers and that I wanted them to be circles. I ended up going with a two by two grid. Then, to take my grid idea even further, I machine stitched a grid connecting the four circles.

Celebrate 3

To balance my layout I "floated" one of the remaining circles in the top left corner of my layout. Anytime I am working with this type of layout design-one where the bulk of the layout is either at the top or the bottom-I will usually "cut" my layout diagonally into two triangles and will make sure to fill one of them.

Celebrate 2 

I used a mix of products for this layout that includes bright and colorful papers and embellishments from Chickaniddy, Seven Paper, Dear Lizzy, Crate Paper, and October Afternoon. 

Wishing you a great day!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Love your page design, Michelle! Hope your little one is feeling better soon! xo

    ReplyDelete