Monday, June 8, 2015

Citrus Twist Kits: This

Hello! Today I want to share the first project I made with the Citrus Twist June Kits!

When I set out to make a new layout, I always start with my photo and patterned paper. As I pick and choose my papers, my photo is always in my field of vision, guiding me on my color choices. For this photo, I really wanted to pick up on the yellow in my daughter's jacket as well as the pink and turquoise beads she is wearing. You can see here that I settled on four papers, the cut apart journaling card paper, and white cardstock which all came from both the June "Sweet Thing" Main kit and the Patterned Paper Play Add-ons. 


Tutorial

Whenever I am working with a bigger element, such as these large letters from the June "Whole Lot of Love" Embellishment kit, I like to work them into the design very early on. At this point I hadn't adhered anything down, but I wanted to start playing around with the position of my title. Usually my title placement comes way later, but since it was going to require so much space, I needed to get the title into the design early on. To do this, I cut the individual letters out while they were still on the plastic that way I could easily move them around.

Tutorial 2

After completing the layout, I immediately moved on to the accompanying pocket style page. I cut apart the journaling card sheet from the Main Kit, grabbed my photos, all edited with the Collect App, and a few small embellishments.  

Tutorial 3

Here are the finished projects:

This

As I mentioned before, I used a variety of products from several of June's Kits, but I also added a white tag from own stash and a copper banner clip that I had leftover from May's kits.

This 2


Hello There

If you hadn't already noticed, I do like to keep my pocket pages simple and pretty flat, but this doesn't mean that I don't embellish my cards. Here I made them my own by adding mist droplets and stitching.

Hello There 2


Wishing you a great week!

Michelle


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I haven't been reading you real long, but I noticed early on that you layer so well. This I'd no exception. The short but large title says it all. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! I love the big title and the lightness of your layering and the colors along with that adorable photo. Love your pocket pages too and especially how you sewed those sequins onto the card. Really nice :)
    Debra www.ourlifeincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling pages, Michelle, the touches of stitching and mist always add that little something extra!

    ReplyDelete