Monday, May 18, 2015

Yogurt

Hi! Today I want to share a layout where I scrapped THREE photos! Three is a lot for me. Ha ha. I tend to go for one photo per layout most of the time. Occasionally I will do two, but three is pretty rare around here.

  Yogurt

This layout is definitely not my usual style of layout and there is a reason. I am currently participating in Kelly Purkey's Sketchbook Class at Studio Calico, something I have done for the past few years, and this layout is based (loosely) off one of the sketches. Kelly's style is more on the graphic/modern side than my own which is why I am always excited to work with her sketches. Sometimes I need to do something different and scrap outside my little box and taking one of her classes always inspires me to do this.

Yogurt 2

This layout definitely has a more "geometric" feel to it, but I softened up the hard edges by adding machine stitching.

Yogurt 3

I really like how this layout turned out, it's different and that's good. However, my favorite part is that I was able to actually get photos of all of my three kiddos in one layout. My son, the teenager, is often not around, so it's a pretty good day when he actually participates in family outings--even if I have to bribe him with food to hang out with us! Ha ha.

Wishing you a great Monday.

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Cute kids! Great layout. I like the different patterned paper you used. I also like where and how you placed the photos, too. I have a hard time with more than 2 photos and this is great. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging your layout, Michelle, loving the colors and photo placement! This years class is so good, right!?! :)

    ReplyDelete