Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hip Kit Club: Sunshine

Do you ever have that one favorite photo where you are almost afraid to scrapbook it because you want to do the photo justice?  Well, that was me recently. During a recent zoo trip I snapped this perfect picture of my youngest daughter and as much as I was so excited to get this picture documented, I was a little nervous too. Often times, when this mental block pops up, my go-to response is to start simply. I nix all the grand plans I have in my mind and start with some basic blocks of patterned paper and go from there. This is exactly what I did for this next layout using a combination of May's Kits from the Hip Kit Club:

  Sunshine 

 This layout came together relatively quickly. I purposely went with a comfortable design to ease some of the self-imposed pressure, yet this layout is still unique and different from my others. By going with an "easier" design, I gave myself room to play with the details. Here is a closer look at them:

  Sunshine 2 

The flamingo washi tape that is included in the May Embellishment Kit is so incredibly fun and really mimicked the good time that my daughter was having at the zoo.

  Sunshine 3

The combination of the Pink Paislee chipboard pieces and the puffy Evalicious shapes from the May Main Kit is a perfect match. I love the variety of textures that they bring to the layout. I also added a different texture by cutting hearts out of the Chickaniddy woodgrain paper and adhering them with pop dots.

  Sunshine 4 

 The addition of the wood veneer "Life is Sweet" was a last minute decision. To make it shine a bit, I sprayed it with a gold mist, something that I almost always do with my wood veneer. By removing the pressure of coming up with a design as fantastic as my photo, I ended up creating a layout that has since then became a favorite. Most importantly though, I have a fun and special memory documented. Wishing you a great day!

  

2 comments:

  1. Really cute layout! Love all the layering and those hearts are awesome! Sweet photo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, so awesome and fun. Love those hearts. The photo is real cute, too, I can see why it's a favorite. I have to learn to let go of some of my scrapbooking issues and just do. Thanks for sharing it. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete