Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Citrus Twist Tutorial

This month you will find a vintage pattern piece in the Citrus Twist December Main Kit and if you are at all like me, your first instinct will be to use it as a layering element. The pattern piece would definitely work well for layering because it is thinner than paper and it would add a different texture to your project. However, this time I ignored that first instinct and decided to use the pattern piece as an embellishment instead.

This is one of the photos I was working with and I thought that perhaps I might be able to use the pattern piece to mimic the lights on the tree.

Untitled
 
 
To do this, I first sprayed the pattern piece with Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Gold Lame (available in the CTK Store). After allowing the paper to dry I ran it through my manual die cutter using three different sized circle dies. I found that due to its silky texture the pattern piece took a little bit longer than normal to dry, so please keep that in mind.
 
Untitled
 
And here is what they look like on the final project.
 
You Right Now
 
I really loved how they turned out and thought they created a bokeh-life effect.

 
You Right Now 2
 
You Right Now 3

 
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment