Monday, August 4, 2014

Glitz Design: On Trend

One of my favorite trends and one that I simply cannot scrap without is "white space."  White space is often referred to as "negative space" and is a design technique that can give a page a rich and elegant feel while bringing the focus straight to the photo(s) or other element you are highlighting. 

One way in which I incorporate white space into my layouts is to think of a "triangle."  I simply divide my cardstock diagonally in half and fill one triangle while keeping the other empty. 
The goal is simply for the white space in one triangle to balance out the heaviness of the other.

Aug1-MichelleWedertz-1
 
You can see that I filled the right sight with pictures and paper while keeping the left side blank.  Here is another visual of the triangles.
 
IMG_5444_edited-1
 
 
Even though I went a little outside the line with my journaling, I was left with the basic triangle design, leaving my layout with a nice bit of white space.

Aug1-MichelleWedertz-3
 
Aug1-MichelleWedertz-2
 
Wishing you a great day!
 

"Love" Supplies:

Glitz Design "Felicity" 6 x6 Paper Pack
Glitz Design "77" 6x6 Paper Pack
Glitz Design "Felicty" Paper: Bits & Pieces
Glitz Design "Brightside" Paper: Butterflies
Glitz Design "Felicity" Alphas & Accents Sticker Sheet
Other:  white cardstock, sequins, mist, white thread, diecut machine

No comments:

Post a Comment