Thursday, July 10, 2014

Glitz: Day-to-Day

Hello!  On Tuesday my first post on the Glitz Design blog went live!  Here is a look at what I did with a focus on scrapping the day-to-day. 
 
Capturing daily life photos has become a great priority to me. I am well aware that time does indeed "fly by" and taking the time to photograph and document the every day moments have become my favorite memories to scrapbook. I still love to scrap the big events, but I find that the moments in between are what I treasure the most. Luckily, with the convenience of a camera phone, Instagram, and apps galore, capturing daily life is easy and fun.
One way in which I document my day-to-day pictures is through traditional scrapbooking.
 
July8-MichelleWedertz-1

Here, I printed out two Instagram photos of my daughter playing hide-and-seek and paired them with the bright colors of both Brightside and Felicity to put together an 8.5x11 layout.
 
 
SONY DSC

To soften the impact of the bright yellow and pink, I layered my papers with white cardstock and a neutral grey patterned paper. The silver glitter tape adds interest to the layout without overwhelming and white machine stitching gives the layout a little bit more texture.
 
 
SONY DSC
 
When scrapbooking pictures of daily life, I always try to ask myself "What is the significance of this particular moment?" and let my answer guide my journaling. Certainly, when I saw these two pictures of my daughter I thought that they were were super cute, but that was not necessarily the story I wanted to tell here. What made these meaningful and important to me, were that they were a reminder to myself that even though my job as a stay-at-home mom means lots of chores and cleaning and doing....my day is also full of these really fun, loving, and often random moments that I am so thankful for.

For more inspiration using Glitz Design products, you can visit their blog here
 
Wishing you a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment