Tuesday, June 3, 2014

All of Us Loves All of You

My use of sketches had pretty much gone to the wayside the last several months, but Studio Calico's Sketchbook 2014 class taught by Kelly Purkey got me excited to use them again.  Now, three quarters of the way through the class content, I can happily report that I am easily creating layouts that I love thanks to the loads of inspiration.

The particular sketch I used for this layout, without giving away too much, uses a grid design with circular embelllishments.  My interpretation of the sketch resulted in a looser grid and two stitched circles to draw the eye. 



Now, I usually sew on my layouts with little problem, but this time I had major trouble with the circle in the top left corner.  It was the combination of having to turn so much of the cardstock around the machine and at the same time trying to avoid sewing over the alphas that led to an oddly shaped circle.  In hindsight, I would have placed the alphas after sewing, but thanks to a very purposely placed diecut butterfly, my mistake is not too obvious. 

 


I also played around with computer printed journaling this time.  Computer journaling used to be my go-to a long, long time ago, so it was kind of fun to bring it back.



Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment